Friday, August 2, 2013

I'd Rather Be Owling

Today's workout was all about the plank. Apparently, my planking prowess has diminished in the last month or so, and I was a little shaky through this workout. I did as suggested (the small, hard-to-read, pink text at the bottom) and did this shortly after my run, and it was definitely a good, short core workout. It took me almost seven minutes, though, because I gave myself a little resting room in between each exercise.

I am also ten times better at arm-extended planks than elbow planks. I have no idea why, since the extension is supposed to make it harder.

The official workout for today:



What I love about the workouts that you find one Pinterest is that they are very short and can be used when you don't have a whole lot of time in your day. You can also put them at the end of your main workout or run without adding too much time but still getting a boost.

I would still rather be owling, though.

*So, I should have done the exercise you can see in this FitSugar video. That's not what I did. Instead, I started from an arm-extended plank position, moved into a right plank, back to the center, then moved into a left plank and repeated. Not sure what that's called. Remember that rule that I should look up anything I don't know? That is not what happened. I've done both exercises before, though, and they're both good plank exercises.

**I am not quite sure why this made it into a core challenge, though your core is engaged during the exercise. Your core should be engaged for any exercise, truly. This is just more of a butt workout that an ab workout.

Back to Day OneDay Three is this way!

No comments:

Post a Comment