Thursday, March 21, 2013

The Magic Number: 730

My goal for 2013 is simple: Run 730 miles by the end of the year.

So far, I have run 72.5, which is a little behind (I suppose "little" is relative here), but I blame the weather. Running outside, with the sun shining on my luminescent, sunburn-loving skin, is so much easier than running on a treadmill. I run farther faster outside because I have so many things to distract me!

But I hate the cold. HATE IT. Nothing good ever comes of being cold and running, my mind focused on which limb will fall off first and whether my snot and tears will freeze to my face. Attractive.

So, with our winter actually being winter, I have not run nearly as much as I should have. This whole snow business has truly thrown a slip in my stride. When spring comes, though, I fully intend to run until I can't stop.

At the end of every post, too, I will post a number/730 to let you keep track of my progress with me!

I know, you cannot wait. Neither can my Underarmours.

72.5/730

No comments:

Post a Comment