Monday, March 25, 2013

A Post Brought to You By Broccoli Cheddar Soup

This post is brought to you by the kids behind me eating Broccoli Cheddar Soup in bread bowls. I know that I might be flogged for this thought, but I have never really liked this soup or the concept of cheese soup<, and I think it smells like b.o.

This post, then, is all about what I don't like about my fitness adventure. Wait, what? A post about how there are things I don't like about this journey? Blasphemy.

Though I try to keep this blog filled with over-the-top, unicorns-pooping-rainbows energy and optimism, I want to take a moment to highlight that every journey is filled with positives and negatives. So I do have a few things that I dislike about my weight loss journey, and I want to share those with everyone reading this blog.

I hate being bony. I am not, by any means, thin. I am, however, starting to notice that I can feel the bones underneath my skin, especially when I exercise. Sit-ups are the worst because, where I used to have a lovely cushion to protect my tailbone, I can now feel the ground rubbing against the bone there. My joints are also places that my bones seem to protrude a little extra, elbows feeling uncomfortable as they rest against a counter, knees knocking together.

I hate feeling guilty on rest days. I know, intellectually, that rest days are just as important as my days of physical activity. That does not mean I have to like my rest days. Days off from work at the same time are even worse because I feel like I should just do something active instead of pinning exercises and healthy recipes.

Ugh. Money. I want to attend too many fitness classes and get too many fitness gadgets. I love yoga, group classes, and I would love a personal trainer, plus Nike Fuel Band, cool water bottles, fitness apps. My wants are only limited by technology...and my wallet. I probably would never have lusted after this other really cool water bottle without my love for fitness. Thanks, fitness. You're a real pal.

And that's it. Truly, this adventure has been so amazing and filled with energy and optimism. How can I complain too much about looking great, feeling even better, and getting healthy?

74.5/730

No comments:

Post a Comment