Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The Vanishing Girl...Returns!

I keep getting yelled at to blog about my progress and the recipes that pop out of my brain. Plus, I have this nifty blog all set up, so I wonder why the two have yet to combine.

This post is just a summary of the last year as a vanishing girl, and the next posts will be both about current events and flashbacks to where I have come from.

I turned twenty-five on Sunday. For those of you keeping track, that’s St. Patrick’s day. In other words, I have the best birthday on the face of the planet. And it just keeps getting better. Not only do I keep getting more privileges (I mean, no more young driver fee when I rent a car—bring it on!), but I keep getting healthier and getting to better know who I am.

In 2012, I lost 60 pounds. Crazy. I have to admit, I absolutely love when people ask me if I’ve lost weight and tell me that they didn’t recognize me because 60 pounds is a huge deal. 60 pounds is an eight-year-old boy with and eating problem. 60 pounds is a lot of milestones and confidence and smoothies and vegetables and miles.

Oh em gee—the miles. I can confidently say that I logged a good 800 miles last year. Walking, running, biking, skipping. When you walk everywhere and your work is a mile away, 800 miles is easy. Add to that the running I did...

I also participated in Run for Your Lives, a zombie-infested 5K/obstacle course. IT WAS AWESOME.

This year, I also participated in my first Whole30 (yes, there will be another). The Whole30 was life-changing and helped me realize that I do not need sugar, that I might actually be a little crazier that I thought, and that I might have a gluten allergy.

I also created some of my favorite recipes of all time while on Whole30. Recipes that used whole food, that tasted phenomenal, and that left me feeling great about what I was consuming. Brilliant.

Then, I fit into my goal dress. I fit into my goal dress. And it looks phenomenal.

From now on, I will continue to fight for my health and make good food and slip up a little because I do love cake. I want to take you guys with me, invade your pockets and your keyboards, and hopefully inspire you with my words and my choices and my imperfections.

Ready?

No comments:

Post a Comment